The runway is squeezed between base and hangar buildings to the left and right and sea water at both ends. In essence it’s a smaller version of Gibraltar, which is British, too. A stunning approach, a runway that’s crossed by a road with traffic lights and surrounded by water.
To complete this add-on, we have added the very remote bases of Fossil Bluff and Sky Blu even further south. Together they make a perfect playground for the Aerosoft Aircraft Twin Otter (Coming soon)!
A showcase scenery created by developers with more than 20 years of experience in MSFS development!
• Lots of animation including animals, vehicle, boats and people, including likely the first animated penguins and chain vehicles in flight simulator
• Custom created sounds of animals and vehicles (probably the first scenery in MSFS with sounds attached)
• Coverage beyond the base with stunning glacier cliffs dropping into the sea
• Hundreds of thousands of animated icebergs in a larger area around the base (at times it can be possible that the approach is blocked by a huge iceberg passing through)
• Offsite locations of automated monitoring stations (marked as POIs so you can fly there for regular checks performing rough landings out in the field)
• Offsite landing strips of two British field locations with custom models and improved terrain imagery/elevation data: Sky Blu and Fossil Bluff
• Emergency airstrip location on the glacier above Rothera (alternative landing strip that MUST be used by local aircraft if there are incoming overseas aircraft)
• Carefully crafted landscape to merge with surround landscape - including updated waterbodies
• Special technique used to add wind shear details to the vast white lands on the glacier
• Manual with dozens of pages of inside knowledge on flying in Antarctica, plus flight plans and simple charts
for Microsoft Flight Simulator
Supported Operating System
Contrail Desktop App