Munich "Franz Josef Strauss" Airport is located 28 kilometers northeast of Munich, Germany. It is a hub for Lufthansa and Star Alliance partner airlines. Munich Airport is the second busiest airport in Germany in terms of passenger traffic, while it is one of the 10 busiest airports in Europe.
A custom aerial photo was used for this add-on which was customized and color-corrected for a true display while seamlessly transitioning to the default simulator landscape.
Includes animated jetways, numerous static apron vehicles and realistic dynamic lighting for a true to life experience.
• Highly detailed scenery of Munich Airport
• Custom aerial photo for the airport, elaborate retouching and color-correction for a true display
• Seamless transition to the default simulator landscape
• Terraforming to blend airport into default elevation model
• Detailed taxi, ground lines and stands according to current maps
• Taxiway bridges across the access roads
• Centerlines adapted on T1 (there will be an update for the construction site area as soon as the buildings are completed in real life)
• Extremely detailed Munich airport buildings with interiors (airside) and all additional buildings
• Complete freight area with container storage, hangars and buildings
• Animated jetways
• Many static apron vehicles
• Realistic night time dynamic lighting
• MSFS SDK materials (PBR
Note: Functional Safegates (VDGS) will be integrated as soon as there is a reliable technical solution by the MSFS SDK
for Microsoft Flight Simulator
Supported Operating System
Contrail Desktop App
Reviews can be written and liked using the
Review by Flightsim.com 2021-03-12for Microsoft Flight Simulator
Munich serves as a massive international hub, and this scenery from sim-wings has totally done it justice with every little detail impeccably recreated.
Review by Twinfinite.net 2021-04-02for Microsoft Flight Simulator
Top-notch modeling and textures combined with superb attention to detail and good performance make this relevant German hub an absolute joy for your airliner operations.