The special airfield of Norden-Norddeich with its ICAO registry EDWS is located on the northernmost stretch of mainland of the Landkreis Aurich, northern Germany. Norden-Norddeich provides an important access point to the East Frisian Islands and is home to the HTM company, responsible for transporting personnel and materials to offshore wind farms like Alpha Ventus. In the future, the aerial rescue organization NHC Northern Helicopter will also use Norden-Norddeich as its base of operations for transporting injured personnel from the wind farms to mainland hospitals in the area.
The airfield is operated by the FLN FRISIA (“Inselflieger”), transporting tourists and island workers to the East Frisian Islands (and Heligoland in the summer) on scheduled flights, using multiple Britten-Norman BN-2 Islander. It features a 720-meter-long and 20-meter-wide asphalt runway – unusually oriented north to south and therefore often requiring spectacular landing maneuvers due to crosswinds.
- Highly detailed 3D buildings with interiors for the terminal, HTM and FLN hangar
- Realistic PBR textures on all objects
- Static aircraft with real liveries (BN-2, H145, Cessna)
- True-to-original taxiway and runway materials
- Realistic nighttime lighting (based on time of day)
- Custom made aerial view for the entire airfield
- PDF manual (English and German)
- Various animations, e.g. static helicopters being moved in and out of the hangar, traffic, barriers, gates etc.
- Up-to-date layouts for the taxiways and runways
- Custom made vegetation, roads and terrain / detailed trenches around the airfield
- Optimized for peak performance and visual quality
- Parking lot with cars at the port / town of Norden
- Models and textures based on on-site photos
- Usable helipads
for Microsoft Flight Simulator
Supported Operating System