EGBB - Birmingham Airport
Birmingham Airport (EGBB), previously known as Elmdon Airport, opened in 1939 with its first flights being to and from Glasgow, Liverpool and Croydon.
During the second World War, this airport was used as a Royal Airforce Training site until 1949 when British Airways was the first to begin commercial services again to destinations such as Amsterdam, Zurich, Palma and Barcelona.
Currently, EGBB is the seventh busiest airport in the United Kingdom, with it previously being the home to FlyBe who recently went into administration.
The airport boasts a unique runway with multiple dips and humps, which makes watching an Emirates A380 rolling down the runway and amazing sight!
• PBR textures created from scratch and used throughout the airport
• Custom Taxi Lines
• Custom models developed specifically for MSFS2020
• Accurate and custom night lighting +Additional immersive lighting such flashing lights
• Accurate approaches and ILS Glide Slopes
• Runway warning lights (wig-wags)
• Free future updates
• Custom Jetways
• Latest VATSIM compatible taxiways, ground markings and taxiway signs based on latest charts
for Microsoft Flight Simulator
Supported Operating System
Contrail Desktop App
Reviews can be written and liked using the
Review by Okay but just okay. 2021-09-01for Microsoft Flight Simulator
+ Gives a better representation of Birmingham than the default sim airport with buildings and main objects in their correct place.
+ Runway slope looks accurate.
+ Overall feeling of the airport is captured well.
- Buildings are what I would describe as FSX quality. No modern texturing or material techniques used.
- Some very boxy objects. A lack of finesse.
Worth the price if you need EGBB in your sim right now, as I did. I hope this addon evolves into a higher quality scenery.