Microsoft Flight Simulator
Chania, Crete International Airport (ICAO: LGSA, IATA: CHQ) is found in western Crete. It is located 14 km north-east of the city of Chania, in the Akrotiri peninsula and is named after Ioannis Daskalogiannis, the leader of the revolution of the Sfakia region in 1770.
LGSA airport serves both civilian and military activity. The civilian area is located northern of the runway and is operated by Fraport since 2018. The southern airport area is operated by Hellenic Air Force.
It has a single, 3.348 m / 10.982 ft long asphalt runway, designated 11/29 which can serve aircrafts up to Boeing 747, C-5 Galaxy and Antonov AN-124. Two main taxiways connect the operation fields with the runway.
Two taxiways connect the airport facilities with the runway. The southern taxiway can be used as a runway with designation 11L/29R when the main runway is not operational.
• Realistic depiction of the airport layout and objects
• Highly detailed custom ground polygons including all the last additions of the apron layout (walkways in front of the terminal)
• Highly detailed custom 3D objects with full PBR textures covering the entire airport area
• Improvement of the vegetation (density and tree form) inside the airport and at the surrounding area
• Main landmarks addition at airport’s surrounding area
• Custom animated flags at the terminal
• Custom animated vehicles at the apron area
• Custom animated windsock
• Fully customized dynamic lights
• Sloped runway
for Microsoft Flight Simulator
Supported Operating System
Contrail Desktop App